I was a little late aboard this challenge (no pun intended) and I am brand new to blogging so I only have a few people I can give this challenge to.
Since it was freestyle. I decided to write a story. I knew I wouldn’t be able to finish it in 10 min. But I love to write and once I get an idea, I go because if I stop it’s likely lost (not always but a lot of times) Anyways, I may keep going with this train journey offline and post it in full sometime because it was fun to start and I’d like to finish at least my current thoughts. I’ll post the rules, and the subject I am challenging people with after I copy and paste my 10 min. freestyle writing.
The Train Journey
As I sat looking out the window of the sleeper train car, my mind was blank as I watched the trees and hills of grass pass by. I was seriously bored and about to fall asleep.I had been on the train for hours and I needed a cigarette but the next ciggarette stop wasn’t for another hour. As I was about to rest, I took one last glance out the window and I couldn’t help but jump to my feet when I saw something out of the corner of my eye.
It was strange. He was in the middle of nowhere on a hill quite a ways out but he stared at me through the window as if he could see me from way out on the hill he was standing on.
The man looked to be in his upper 30’s. I couldn’t say for sure but. His hair was dark brown or black that was for certain and from this distance I didn’t see any grey. He almost seemed natural there and probably was doing some sort of outdoors work until he saw the train. I could barely see his eyes and I have fairly good vision, but somehow it felt as though he was looking directly at me.
After the moment passed I sat back down quietly my mind on the mysterious stranger. Who was he? How could he have seen me all the way over here on the train through this very window while it was going so fast?
I was perplexed for just a moment. Then I laughed at my own ridiculousness. There was absolutely no way he could have been looking at me. He was just looking at the train. It looked like he was looking at me because of the distance. Not because he could actually see me.
I sighed shaking my head at my myself while simultaneously feeling a bit sad and started to close my eyes.
However, a moment later before I could doze off at all, there was a knock on my door and the very man I saw on the hill was now in front of me. I could see him clear as day standing in the hallway looking through the window.
Because this was so strange I just stared at him for
Total Words: 383 words
Anyways, here is the rules and the next challenge for people if they are interested:
- Open an MS Word document
- Set a stopwatch or your mobile to 5 minutes or 10 minutes whichever challenge you think you can beat.
- Your topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH A TIMER.
- Fill the word doc with as many words as you want. once you began writing do not stop even to turn.
- Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS WORD (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write the right spelling and stick to grammar rules)
- You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and capitals. However, if you do, it would be best.
- At the end of your post write down ‘No. Of words, =_____’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
- Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new Topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nominations (at least 5 bloggers).
– DO NOT GO PAST HERE UNTIL YOU ARE READY –
Your topic is: Snow
I don’t have many followers yet (I just started this blog) most of these people are not followers of mine but here are the people I’d like to challenge if they see this:
- Unbolt Me
- Paul Lenzi
- Amaan Khan
- Anyone else who is interested. Please leave a note here so I can see what you wrote.